Monday, June 18, 2012

ICON


Deanna and I drove up to Providence, Rhode Island this past weekend so she could attend the ICON illustration convention being held there. I was able to attend some of the conference and really enjoyed what I saw. I spent the rest of the time exploring Providence, which I really enjoyed. I had been there once to tour RISD while I was looking at schools and liked the feel then, but it was great to have a few days to really explore. I walked most of the city, front to back, back to front. I visited just about every book store I could find, and there were quite a few. Cellar Stories Books and Myopic Books were my favorites. I also got to meet illustrator/musician Marcellus Hall at the convention. I am a big fan of his former band Railroad Jerk, so it was a great thrill to meet him. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.
 
View from our hotel room over the water
View of the India Point Park
Gondola in the canal
Deanna sitting behind Matt Groening at the conference
We got delicious and cheap treats from the porchagese Silver Star Bakery

One of many telephone pole sculptures in Wickenden

No comments:

Post a Comment