Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TEN YEARS


Today rounds out the best ten years of my life. I went on my first real date with my wife on February 15, 2002. We were living in Baltimore, both illustration students at MICA. We are now living about 10 blocks from the place we first met. Early on in our relationship we both recognized a lot of shared interests and values. It has been fun over time discovering all of the things we don't have in common. Those are the things that allow us to not just mirror each other, but to compliment each other. We have had our good times and bad times, but as time goes on I find myself reflecting on the good times much more often. The other things tend to fall by the wayside. It has been 10 years full of nerdy, passionate, comforting fun. I've been married to my best friend for three and a half years and can't wait to see what the next ten years together holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment